Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Opus # ?... 2 for me

What a night. I'll admit I wasn't thinking about the points tonight. Maybe I should have. But my passed experience at Opus has taught me that I have plenty to learn when it comes to circuit racing. 1st time I did it I got dropped, not my fault really, but dropped none the less. 2nd time spit out the back on the last lap just before the finish. last week, same as my 2nd attempt. Tonight, well that was different. I decide that I'd stay towards the front for the whole race and not go for any primes until the end. I went for it alright! It came down to that darn last turn before the hill that gets me every time. I came around the outside pretty much uncontested. So right as we hit the hill on the straight I start to rev it up. I feel Tim (from the Oakdale Erik's) hop on my wheel. He doesn't stay long and makes a move to go around me on the right. So I crank it up, he cranks it up, the next thing you know it's just me and Tim going all out for the line. We're both redlined and he gets me at the line by a wheel. I was really hoping to get the 10 points which would have made for a two way tie for 1st overall, but that's the best second place sprint (4th overall) I've ever had.

This sport ROCK!

Maybe I should stop racing mountain bikes and only race road?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc good job hope to see yeah soon in the fours I;m in the need of some mental help...

Wiki said...

Not sure if I can help that much but I'm up for it. Anytime they'll take me at 4's I'm in.