Sunday, May 28, 2006

101.4

No this is not a new radio station. Adam decided that with part of the team going down to Chippewa Falls for a century ride that we'd have to put one together for those of us who we're staying local over the holiday weekend. So after we suckered Lalla into riding with us he recommended that we start off with the Grand Performance ride and then continue on from the shop up to Stillwater. So that's what we did.

Have to admit I was a little nervous for the GP ride since it has a history of being pretty big. Kinda think Adam was too. So I rode from Woodbury to Lalla's in West St. Paul where we hooked up with the ride. The ride was just the amount of challenging that I was looking for. Much better than the ride I did earlier in the week. The sprints were a little tricky for Adam and I since we really didn't know where the were. We did manage to go 2-3 for the 494 bridge on 13. That was awesome! Not sure but I think we figured around 40+ at the line.

From the GP ride we were able to sucker one person to join us for our Stillwater leg. Took the paved trail that runs along 36 from the Capitol to highway 12 and 12 into town. Nice route choice Lalla. It was a great morning of riding. I peeled off from the group on the way back at the junction of 12 and Manning. Ouch! Solo headwind all the way home. Got close to home a little short of 100 miles for the day so I went out for a small loop around my house to make good on my goal. That was the best 100 miles I've ever done!

Grizz took some pics that I'll steal and post later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude right when you peeled off Adams like" Sucks for Marc he has a head wind all the way home" I ended up with just under 90 but you guys looked good on that sprint. I think you should be doing well at the Rochester race... Just maybe through in some toast or a PB and J before the race...

Wiki said...

Yeah I was spinning so fast it probably looked like I dropped my chain. Thanks though. Wonder if we'll have our kits in time for the race? Hopefully we can go 1-2-3 at Steeple Chase. I think Adam and I can come in a few minutes after you?...

Adam said...

What a day of riding it was. It was a blast. I was really glad that Nick decied to join us.
"Ride right!!"

You can find some pics here:
http://tinyurl.com/n6zeh