Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Doing Opus CX style

Yeah well since I don't have an official road bike I'm forced to ride the redline. Not that it would make that much of a difference, or would it?

Started off pretty well. I knew I didn't have for the overall win or at least I knew I'd have to suck wheel too much to get it. I really just wanted the miles and experience. Rode pretty strong. Got 4th or 5th in the 1st sprint, didn't go for the second, got 1st or 2nd in the 3rd sprint, was about to attempt a long sprint for the finish but the engine room shut down as I came up on the last turn.

Oh well, maybe next week right?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing Mark did mention was that hes was feeling a little under the weather... Some thing to do with his sineses... That was at 4:56pm, So maybe next week Mark OR are you going to be sick...?

Wiki said...

Ha ha! Get it straight my name ends with a "c" not a "k".

And no I won't be sick. Hopefully I can win the overall race to get an upgrade.

Anonymous said...

I was going to snub you with that comment but I guess a "c" in my name just doesn't do it...

Anonymous said...

I told you to get a 53 for your bike, you wuss. 48x11 isn't enough.

Wiki said...

Yeah, yeah. I know. I don't want to make the investment since I might actually get a road bike.

Anonymous said...

Wiki, you must learn the ways of the zen bike scavenger. Ebay is your friend, and so is bikenashbar, performance, cambria, branfordbike, etc. I think that you will find it much more economical to search for a deal on a complete crankset, either new or slightly used, rather than buying chainrings. Might even find a good deal with a bottom bracket to match. Search for parts and build the bike up. Make it compatible with other bike stuff you've got, swap parts, and you will live cheaply and prosper.