Monday, May 01, 2006

Anyone seen my bike?


Really! I haven't been on my bike since the Monday after Oxbow. This basement is killing me. This was looking like the best start to a season ever for me. I think I've reached the max time off before you actually start losing fitness. Unfortunately I'm not out of the woods yet on this basement stuff. The carpets getting installed as I write this which leaves a few plumbing details, some painting, and trim work. So, Tuesday at Opus is out. >:(

So everyone is getting stronger and I'm getting spit out the proverbial back. This leaves me with 3 weeks to get the form back before the Spring Cup. AHHHH! I still haven't built my mtb bike. This sucks! And the worst part is I saw that the guy I hate to lose to was at both Ken Woods(Andy will be so proud with my spelling) and the Iron Man. You know how you have that one rider who you know you should and can beat, that's why you hate them. Yah, looks like he'll be kickin my can all season.

Time to go undercover...
...Undercover training that is. Super dooper top secret training. Stealth-like.

Since the weather is so nice I think I'll finally take the semi-slicks from Oxbow off the bike and trade them for some slicks and ride the trainer.

Did I mention it's been so long that I've been on my bike that I have hairy legs again.

Gotta turn this around fast!

BTW- the picture is from a party that Tyer had. We tried to recreate our prom from a million years ago. I had to put something up that made me laugh.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you look so happy!

Oooh! The big phone is stylin.

Now who's that you "should and can beat" dude again? Nobody likes him.

Wiki said...

We all have one. I think yours has the initials MM. Not that we really hate these people, but we do in competition

Adam said...

Wow - somebody hates me?

Wiki said...

Dream on Adam. Like you're the one that beats me.

That's funny!

Anonymous said...

I hate them all!!! :)

Seriously, rule #1 is to always respect your opponents, right?

Remember "The Hunters" from SCTV...
First, we love em,
Then, we respect em,
Then, we shoot em.

Wiki said...

What's SCTV? The Hunters?

Anonymous said...

What? SCTV = Second City Television. You know, comedy skit show with John Candy, Dave Thomas, Rick Moranis, Martin Short, Catherine O'hara et. al. Am I that old?

Wiki said...

What year was this show?

Anonymous said...

Nevermind. I guess you were watching "Barney", that evil purple dinosaur, when SCTV was on. :)

Wiki said...

Dude, I'm not that young.

Was it on cable? We weren't allowed to have cable back in the day.

Either way how was the beer?
Will you be at Opus?

Anyone watch the Giro today?

Anonymous said...

Info about SCTV at http://www.sctvguide.ca/

The beer is long gone and was great. Thanks!

Opus - probably not this week. Too much going on.

Watch Giro? Only if you pay cycling.tv, right?

Wiki said...

No. It's on www.olntv.com