Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ken Woods

I decided to take a little time before I said anything about the race. Mostly because I don't really remember it. It was as if had blacked out or something. I knew better than to show up under those conditions, 40 mph winds, to be specific. I just get so desensitized. Yeah sure I dropped my chain on a climb, but that wasn't the reason I sucked it up so bad. Just didn't have the legs or the toughness. I think I was just trying to forget it like a bad dream. It wasn't fun falling out the back of the group I was in half way through the 1st lap. :( Oh well, live and learn...

Can't make Marty this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to hit the Sunday or Monday race in Duluth over Memorial Day weekend. We'll see.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya man. The 35+ race played out similarly, i.e. it blew apart on the first turn. I tried bridging up to the lead group, went way redline, tried latching onto second group that was forming and couldn't even hold that for long. So, there I was with one other straggler, dropped in the first few miles. So, I spent the rest of the lap at 95% max heart rate with the one straggler doing nothing but dropping further back. Worst race ever for me.

Got to get back on that horse though, eh?

BTW, you do know that the Duluth thing is not an omnium, right? Stage race. So, you need to ride each stage and finish within time cut, etc. Tonight is the cutoff for $100 entry for the whole thing. I'm still undecided myself.

Wiki said...

Now that you mention that, I do remember that little thingy about it being a stage race.

That settles that then.

No race in Duluth for me. :(

Mike Lalla said...

...Iowa...

Wiki said...

So you're saying I can jump in to the race on Sunday or Monday?

"So you're saying I've got a chance"

Mike Lalla said...

Dude it's not a stage race down there.

Wiki said...

Well then...

Bring it on!

Can you ask Christine for me