Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Keep on keeping on

Tonight I made it to the State Fair Crit for the 1/2/3 and the 3/4 race. I hung in the 1/2/3 race longer than last time but wanted to save myself so I could work for my teammates in the 3/4 race. Turns out that was a good call. Since Jason was doing pretty well in the series we were trying to deliver him first across the line to get some points and maybe, I'm not sure, even win the series. Well.... it didn't all turn out the way we planned. I kinda blame myself since I should have brought Jason to the front going into the back straight on the final lap. If he would have been in a better position for the sprint I think he could have won it. Oh well. In the end I think he got 4th and I was able to muster 8th place which was great for me since it was a big improvement on my 29th place at Stillwater on Sunday. Continuous improvement. Can't ask for more.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Nice - glad to hear your having fun with the team.
Peaking later instead of sooner is the way to go.

Sam said...

Good luck with your riding!

-Sam

from
Buy Mountain Bikes