Monday, June 19, 2006

Afton Avalanche

Hot! Really hot! I rode the course last Wednesday and thought it was going to be a little easier this year. With todays heat it was as nasty as ever.

I was able to get a front row start which made all the difference. Made it through the first singletrack section with no bottleneck. Tried to hold onto the lead group but eventually slowed into a pace that left me lonely the rest of the race. Besides that it was the typical up down, up down that is Afton. This was by far my best finish on this course and I'll take it, 10th overall and 5th for my age group!

But, it came at a price. I guess my body doesn't want to sleep after the effort that I put in today/yesterday, hence why I'm up at three in the morning writing this. I have what I like to call happy legs. They just don't want to sleep. I just keep tossing and turning. Weird!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you needed to join the experts and do one more lap to tire you out. :) Nice racing man!

Wiki said...

NO way! I'm not ready for that yet.

If I were to win one or two races (overall) this season, then and only then would I upgrade to Expert. In other words if I felt like I was sand-bagging.

Anonymous said...

There was alot of DNFs... Good job Marc.

Anonymous said...

Dude you rock in the heat and hills!