Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Hudson/Hudson

For my first cross race of the year I decided to double up at Hudson--B and A races. Heck why not. Since I'm 33, race age 34 for the 2008 season and 35 for the 2009/cross season, I might as well.

The B race went pretty well. I was able to finish 12th which is good for me at any point in the season. Hudson has to be one of my favorite courses for cross. Some say it's more of a mtb course but I disagree. Sure it has some rocks and ruts that you don't typically see but the mud is always a treat. Then there is the Beach at Normandy. That thing kills me every year. Talk about mental focus. I think next year they should have us run through the water.

The A race...

This was more for training than anything else. However, from the start I actually felt good. I remember thinking that maybe the warm up from the B race would make this easier. I was for the most part hanging with the group with the leaders just in sight (first lap). Then we hit the beach and my legs said HELL NO!

So I spent the rest of the race in survival mode keeping an eye out behind me so I could get out of the racers way. I Think Bjorn passed me 4 times.

But just like any cross race, it was fun just being there!

Anyone seen any posted results?

Next up: Theo

5 comments:

OTR said...

I'll never understand this age deal?

Lunatic Biker said...

Bjorn Selander won the A race by the length of the state of California.

Wiki said...

Frye-

it is a little too complicated, I'd agree

Anonymous said...

Who's that shameless wheel sucker in that pic above? What a jerk.

I might make an appearance at Wirth too, depending on my beer consumption and need for sleep.

Wiki said...

Yeah, my empty tank from Sunday left me with a cold I'm trying to get over. Should be good for the race though. I'd like to keep the fitness moving in a positive direction.