Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ho hum

That pretty much covers my cross season this year. Not enough races. Being sick. Not enough training. Blah, blah, blah.

That brings me to this weekends State Championships at Basset Creek. I was getting all excited, ok trying to get all excited, about the race when I heard from the boys at BT (Bike Throw) how the Cat 3 race was stacking up. Oh snap! I'm thinking what's the point. I've sucked it up all season. Haven't really trained in 2 weeks. Still feel like crap. Now this.

I had such high hopes for my cross season this year. Those hopes are in the toilet. :P

I guess I could whine about how things have turned out (done) and how badly I'm going to get spanked on Saturday (TBD), or just not show up...

Or, or I could just toughen the %!&# up!

Here's to you Stewie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The guys that have been winning in the B races this year will probably still be the ones killing it in the State's race, so it probably won't be much different than any of the B races in the "regular" season.

You won't have me to kick around though, as they won't let me be in the B race cuz I'm still a Cat 4 and I'm not old enough! :)

Wiki said...

Get your upgrade...

Mike Lalla said...

I'm a 4 also... Looks like I'll be doing the SS race.

Thats right.

Anonymous said...

Doin the SS race doesn't buy you anything, cuz they race in the 35 minute B-wave#1 race with the Cat 4s. You still don't get to race with the 45+ men and Cat 3s in the 45 minute B-wave#2 race.

I think I might do the A race, cuz I'm old enough for that one!