Saturday, October 27, 2007

Good and Bad

Well, I was feeling kinda crappy just before my departure for the race today and decided to bag it. I just knew that if I raced I'd be wasted and probably end up sick. Wa wa, I know. But I've got some very important meetings for work next week and can't afford to call in sick.





The good part about missing the race was that I was able to install this...

a brand new Sram cross crank onto my trusty old Redline. First estimates show that it shaved 2lbs off the overall weight. NICE!

With a wheel change I might be able to get it down to 19lbs just in time for the Grumpy Cross.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll be pleased. I picked up a SRAM Rival road crank with the external BB for 70 bucks on Ebay, and I've been likin it. The external BB was so much easier to get installed on the CX bike, which sure beats the hell out of the stupid Truvativ BB I had before. The crank is way lighter and it's truer than my old crank. I already had a 42T chainring, so I decided to go with a single ring setup. I ordered and outer chain guard and a 3rd eye chain watcher, and I've been swapping between the 42T and the 39T depending on the course. So far, everything is working great. No more dropped chain crap.

Mike Lalla said...

39/16 is all you need. Maybe a 15 for a fast flat course.

Wiki said...

Ya I'm pretty excited to try it out.

Don't think I'm ready for SS yet.