Friday, March 09, 2007

New colors to fly...

I've decided to venture away from a focus on racing mountain bikes and go full-time with the road racing thing (or at least my version of full-time).



With this change in focus comes a change in kits... more of an addition really.





Not that it's any real big news (meaning- I'm not a Pro) but I've decided to ride for Silver Cycling/H-WooD Cycles for the upcoming road season. I'm really excited and looking forward to gettin' to know the new squad.

Does this mean I'm leaving BCR, heck no!. When I hit the dirt this year I'll be sportin' the orange of BCR as usual.


Looking forward to a great '07.


First order of business, the Altoona RR and Des Moines Crit.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We understand. You just want to follow the footsteps of your buddy RacerX. We shall now call you RacerY because you represent the Y chromosome in this relationship. :)

Wiki said...

Ha ha, very funny.

I thought about other teams but know more people on SC.

Also, they we're cool about me racing mtb for BCR.

Mike Lalla said...

That WAS a good one Dan. haha.

OK heres the deal, once you get to threes I'll have yet another wheel to float on till the finish. ;)

They had a good 4s squad last year...

Anonymous said...

So, will I be the lone BCR roadie [sniff sniff] since you're all moving on to bigger and better things? I guess I just really like orange. Maybe I'll join Euskatel or Rabobank. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Wiki said...

We were in different cats anyway.

We can all still be friends...

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute. You're over 30, right? Ahh, you decided to race the "easier" open 4/5s instead. So just between friends, will I see you toeing up with the other Masters 4/5 hardmen this year?

Wiki said...

Maybe. At least until I get my 3 upgrade.

Then I told Lalla I'd ride for him.

SickBoy said...

don't worry, marc made this choice by himself. I just sent him an engraved, pre-filled out SC app that he just had to sign and return... and finally got him the Maserati that BCR never delivered him...

Mike Lalla said...

haha All I got was a Mini and this rash...

But Dan good point. Marc is able to do a few races a day. Till he gets his 3s.

O thanks Marc, Tear... Now only If Grizz would ride road. I don't think there would be a stronger lead out man out there. Marc and I seen this in action, on the GP rides...

FYI Dan your crazy doing 3 crits in one day.

Wiki said...

LMAO!