Saturday, September 09, 2006

The verdict


Yeah it may only have 105 and no name brakes but this budget racer's got it where it counts. Took it out on it's maiden voyage on the GP ride this morning. Freakin' awesome. Cuts through the wind, has the right gearing, light, and the geometry makes all the difference. Good example would be one of the hill sprints, that I won, I kept poppin' wheelies since the rear wheel is tucked in right behind the bottom bracket.

Only con, I can't be one of the cool guys sporting DA. I can live with that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Just wear out that 105 or get sick of it, whichever comes first, and then do the sensible thing and switch to a Campy drivetrain!
:)

Wiki said...

Oh no you didn't!

Between cross, mtb and road, it doesn't make sense.

If Campy would bring back it's mtb group I'd consider it. But then I'd have to switch everything out.

Not gonna happen.

Anonymous said...

Huh?! Road and MTB don't mix anyway. SRAM for MTB, Campy for Road/CX baby.

I am quite happy running 9-speed Campy on both my road and CX bikes, with complete interchangability. The only Campy part that has EVER failed me is a rear hub, which I probably didn't take good enough care of. My Chorus shifters are nearly 10 years old and still going strong.

What kind of wheels came with your spanky new bike? If they're ho-hum, even more impetus to switch to Campy. Ride Sh&tmano, and you "race to replace"!

SickBoy said...

Yeah, ask Skibby what he thinks of Crapagnolo these days....

Make the switch to SRAM, the full Force group is cheaper and lighter than DA or Record...

Wiki said...

Oh my God!

The Sick One has graced my blog with his presence.

You can call this home while yours is down.