Monday, February 27, 2006

INDOOR TRAINING

Well the first solid month of training is almost in the books. It's actually been kinda fun this year. Heck, when you can have the tube tuned into the Olympics, the lappy on www.cycling.tv and the iPod on shuffle, you can't lose. Although it's been fun I'm really excited fo the up coming weather. Looks like upper 30's for a while. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this weekend. Of course we'll still get nailed with a dump of snow in March. Maybe I'll be able to bust the skis out for a little XC'n.

Back to the training. I'm feeling pretty good so far. Probably better than ever! The true test will be the road race in Springfield, Missouri. It's about a 10 hour drive down so having to race the next day will be a little of a challenge. Which will be fine since I won't be going for the win. Like I'd get it anyway. Ha ha! I'm really looking forward to testing out my top secret weapon. That's why my first race has to be far enough away so no one around here will be ready when I unleash it. It's going to be awesome!

I just hope that all the hype from everyone expecting me to win a couple races doesn't get to me. I don't want to Bode things up. Honestly, cut the guy some slack. He kicked butt on the World Cup and just because he couldn't be on during the Olympics everyone's down on him. How many people out of all the critics know anything about down hill ski racing? Not too many of them. As far as him partying at night, come on. That's what we're known for. I can say that because I raced for a little bit and skied for over 20 years. Oh yeah, and I'm sure she'll read this blog, Picabo, Shut it! You're retired and no one wants to hear from you. Let the girls have their fun.

Sorry for the rant. Had to be done.

ToCA needs more TV coverage! Way to go Floyd. Too bad Tyler. Nice first race Toyota United. Anyone want to give me a new 80mm black Manitou R7 just for fun?

5 comments:

Bike Drool said...

Hi, what up... you can read about Froze Toes at:

www.stlbiking.com

Be sure to check out the msg. board! I don't know if I'll go to the Springfield RR yet or not?

Don't recall how I stumbled upon your blog... I'm sure thru somebody else's cycling blog.

Mike Lalla said...

ONE MONTH!?!!? I best be getting on Riding... I guess...

Wiki said...

That's not much. But it's more structured than ever before.

Adam said...

So are you riding the rollers?

Wiki said...

You better believe it. At least 4 times since I got them back from you. Ha ha!