Monday, October 03, 2005

Orono CX

Turned out to be pretty nice conditions. The field was rather large, 65 riders I think. Started off strong staying with the lead pack again for the first lap and a half. Pulled out ahead of Dan only to get reeled back in. After getting reeled in I started to fade missing a break that Dan took full advantage of and that was the last I saw of him. So, I managed to latch on to a group of two and sucked wheel for a while. Soon I realized they were moving too slow so I decided to make a break for it. Was successful dropping one of the guys but the other one from Birchwood was too strong. It came down to just he and I at the finish and one lap around the track. this is the part I love. Just like what you see in all the pro races. I knew I had enough to do battle but unfortunately do to my inexperience when he decided to wind up for the sprint I couldn't shift into my big ring. So he gapped me a little. But I caught up to him as we exited the turn. I could have made a play at the line but like an idiot I dropped down into a lower gear and spun out(gear wise). Anyway, it was a great race,better than last week, and an exciting finish.

Next up, Lake Rebecca

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looked like we were going to be able to work together for awhile, but Mettler was one guy I was marking, so I had to try to stay with him. Oh well...

You have a very nice family. Their cheering was much appreciated.

Wiki said...

Yeah, maybe next time. Every race gets better, at least I had no problem clipping in.