Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ham Lake



Not so just in:

Cooler temps so I was forced to break out the leg-warmers. Again with the bad start. At least I'm clipping in with no problem. I can't believe I actually admit to that. Ham Lake is always a tricky start. You get funneled into a thin line right off the start but this year they added a chicane to stretch things out even more. Once we hit the road I popped it into the big ring, grabbed the drops, tucked my head and went all out. I knew I had to make up some serious time if I wanted to ensure a top 20 spot. I was successful in passing a ton of riders only to find myself soloing the rest of the race. I may never stick with the lead group but I always have a blast. Ended up 18th overall.



This weekend will have me up in Taylors Falls and not at Buck (I think?). Too bad 'cause the Grizz is going to give the cross thing a try but has to work on Saturday so I'll miss his maiden voyage into Cyclocross heaven. There's always next year?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! At least it wasn't raining for your race...
I survived my first CX race! I have some pics here - mostly of the C and parts of the B race.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grizzlyadam/sets/1247851/

Anonymous said...

Hey Focker, update your blog.