Sunday, September 25, 2005

Pork Chop

What a great day for cyclocross. 58 degrees and rainy. Got up to St. Cloud with plenty of time to get registered and meet up with Dan for a warm up. It was more cold than warm so we made it a short one.

I must be the worst at starting a race. Again I couldn't clip in. So I faded out towards the back taking my time trying to get that damn cleat in the pedal. I eventually got it in and made my sprint up towards the front. After that I spent about half the racing running in the top 10. I was so happy to be feeling so good when all of the sudden I cramped up. I knew my fitness wasn't where it needed to be so I knew my laps were numbered. In addition to that my back started cramping. That was a new one. Must be getting old. At any rate I was slowing down and the one person I had to beat slipped away. Oh well, there's always next weekend. And I will come back stronger for Orono. So don't get comfy Dan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude - when are you going to get Time pedals?