Sunday, September 11, 2005

Hollywood CX clinic

First let me say it was a wise choice to opt for the clinic instead of staying home for the Vikes game. I had a feeling they'd blow it. Not that I'm hatin' on the Queens but c'mon.

The deal:

It was hot. Too hot maybe for CXing but what a great time. Got to hand it to Hwood Cycles, Silver Cycling, and Super Team. They did a very fine job. I really learned alot. I knew the season I had under my belt was a season of bad technique. But now my dismounts/remounts are much more fluid and faster now. If you're new to the sport you gotta check this clinic out next year. They do a great job at getting everyone involved no matter what level you're at.

Then for the finale we had a 20 min. plus one lap race. I'm supposed to race 45 min. this season and that 20 killed me. Of course I had to hold back so as not to over heat. I ended up taking 4th overall, but that wasn't the important part. I was able to dial in my technique in a race situation. That was the key to the whole thing. I'm now more confident about dismaounts/remounts and stoked for the season to start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Glad you made it out there. Maybe you can teach me some skills. I couldn't make it cuz The Kirby was at the house watching the game. He did get some autographs taken care of though!