Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Waiting

Seems like these days all I do is wait.

Wait for the days to tick off the calendar till the weather gets nicer and the races start. I've been pretty dedicated to training which compared to some might not be that much but I'm feeling good about it. Can't wait to see if it was all worth it.

There will be no early racing in Iowa or Missouri for me this year.

Here's my tentative race schedule for 2009:

Durand RR
An Opus or 2

5/17/2009 Erik's Spring Cup, Inver Grove Heights, MN
5/31/2009 Afton Avalanche, Afton Alps, Hastings, MN
6/28/2009 Bluff Riders Charge, Mt Kato, Mankato, MN
7/12/2009 Memorial Classic, Red Wing, MN
7/26/2009 Hillside Park Single Track Attack, Elk River, MN
8/09/2009 Buck Hill Birch Bump, Burnsville, MN
8/16/2009 MNSCS/WORS Trek Border Battle, White Tail Ridge, River Falls, WI


I'll probably add some more races for the latter part of the season but we'll see how it goes.

It's too bad that my teammates haven't real bought into my mtb schedule. They still think that I'm racing on the road. Where's the faith? Maybe I should look for another team? Ha ha! Lets face it, who would want me. Maybe they'll believe after I kick the Grizz's ass at the Spring Cup!

4 comments:

Adam said...

HA HA!
I noticed you were brave in your selection of which race you would kick my ass....the least technical race on the calendar.

Wiki said...

You might have me in the technical races, but I'll drop you on the climbs.

Thanks for letting me use your fork...

Adam said...

I might have rigged the fork up, so don't be surprised if it fails, er, works great.

Scott M. said...

NIce Schedule! What about the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival?