Sunday, November 16, 2008

Good bye 2008

Unimpressed...
Well yesterday brought another cycling season to it's end for me, and not on a good note. I was pretty disappointed in my performance at the State CX Championships yesterday. I had a great start and was with the heads of state. So the excuse of spending energy to get by traffic wasn't applicable. In fact I was the traffic out there. Halfway through the 1st lap I imploded. I wouldn't even call it a bonk. It was like I had only enough gas for a half a lap. I might as well have pulled over people were passing me so easily. The outcome of the race for me was completely opposite of my expectations. That made it a tough pill to swallow at the end of the year with no chance of redemption. I know that's racing, it just happens to be the sucky part.

What to look forward to...
Since my racing on the road has plateaued I will be making my way back to the dirt and continue to ride for the Bent Crank Racing squad. I'm really excited to focus again on racing the mtb and rollin with the BCR crew again. The venues have changed a little and I hear there will be a new categorization structure next year. It'll give me some new motivation to train and a reason to get a new mountain bike :D And since the mtb season starts a little later I can take a few more weeks off before I need to start training :)

5 comments:

Adam said...

Sorry it didn't work out for ya this time.
Maybe it was the goose poop I put on your bottle....

Wiki said...

Sorry i was such a dud

Mike Lalla said...

Thats what she said!!!! Burn ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha, maybe this post should have been titled "Goodbye 208" (See picture at top of blog page?).

You had a few good races in there, Wiki. Ya smoked at Afton and you were right up there in top 10 for a couple of those cross races. I guess the BCR orange makes you go faster. :)

Wiki said...

yeah that's why i was so depressed. i thought with all my preperation i could have had a shot at the podium, for sure top 10. i didn't even make top 30. and nothing against the guys i finished with, but i normally finished a bit higher.

it was like taking off in an airplane and just as you leave the ground you run flat out of gas. like the dumbass that filled the tank only put a 1/2 cup of fuel in.