Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm a commuter now

Yup, I finally did it. Drove the car to work, left it at my parents and then rode from Wayzata home to Woodbury. This of course means I'll have to ride back tomorrow morning. I've been squawking about doing this for months and finally decided to man up and do it. Started in the rain which finally stopped once I got to Minneapolis. Ran into this guy on Summit. I'm not quite sure why I'm doing this now that the season is pretty much over. Oh well. Maybe it will help me finish my 1st road race of the year if I decide to race the State RR Championships. Not sure about that one yet. I'm a little gun shy after getting my ass handed to me at the Tour of Granite Country.

4 comments:

Tyboty said...

Very cool. What's the mileage on that each way? Must be 25-30. Let's see that route posted.

Anonymous said...

Sweet -- that's a haul too.

Did you get a key to the workout room for when you get here?

Great way to start or end the work day.

David

Wiki said...

It's 42 miles each way. Pretty nice route I'll post it later. So that's 84 miles of commuting by bike in just over 12 hrs. Can I call myself a commuter now?
---
I do have a key to the workout room but I left my car at my parents and cleaned up there. Let me know if you ever want to take a long lunch and go ride. Are you racing cross this year?

Anonymous said...

Will do.

Yeah, I'm going to try to cobble together a cross bike and actually try it this year, although I have been informed that I can't race the day after my wedding (in October).