Sunday, June 10, 2007

Time for an update

I'll back track a little to the State Crit last weekend.

I'm still learning. Rode pretty well stayed with the pack and ended up 14th on the day. What I learned. When someone is up the road and there are 2 laps to go... Don't try to reel him back in. Could have done a lot better if I would have just raced for second place. Oh well, live and learn.

---

Today tried a little racin' in the dirt. Man this stuff is hard. How easily we forget. I was about half way through the 2nd of 3 laps when I cased a sharp rock. Pfffsssssssssssss. Dead flat. I got the tube changed in record time and only gave up maybe 3 spots when I went for the co2. Could get the damn thing to work. And no I didn't let the air out. So I'm trying everything, even read the directions. Arghh! Then Adam rolls up complaining about drive train issues. After 10 or so people went by I decided to bag it. Guess it was finally my time to get a flat in a race. Can't bitch too much.

---

Going out to Vegas on this week and have a half day mtb ride planned. Should be a good time. I'll get some pics up later.

No comments: