Thursday, May 03, 2007

Embro Junkie


I'm baaaack!

My latest trial is the POWERbreathe distributed by Gaiam.

Here's some quick stats:

Studies have shown that time trial performance improves in elite rowers (Voliantis et al., 2001a) and cyclists (Romer et al., 2001a) by as much as 4.6%! That slashes almost 3 minutes off a 40km cycling time trial, and gives a winning margin of more than 60m in a 2000m rowing race!




Now I'm not sure how well this little jem will work. But since I've been using it twice daily I find that when I finally get a chance to ride, I don't feel as lousy as I should. Guess I'll just have to see if it really works and report back later.

I do get some funny looks when I use it on my commute to and from work though.

3 comments:

Mike Lalla said...

I've seen something like this... Where did you get it and how much?

I actually made one with some medical breathing tubes and an CO2 absorber... you should really watch you SPO2 though when you use such a device. Did I come with a SPO2 reader? If it didn't I imagine its restrictive training (makes the lungs stronger I think swimming would do the same) and not limited Oxygen training(makes more red blood cells)

Mike Lalla said...

never mind it is restrictive... Found the website.

Mike Lalla said...

duct tape over your mouth then breath through your nose would do the same thing... ahah