Monday, August 14, 2006

Wiken Wimps @ Welch



Well what can I say. No WWW this year. I knew I wasn't ready with the lack of training but I thought I'd do better then 7th. Oh but I'll take it. It was nice to make it back to Welch after 3 years of missing it for various reasons. And the rain/downpour was something I haven't experienced for at leat 10 years. I'm just glad I had the Wall behind me before it really came down. Poor Grizz. He got the pleasure of dragging his mud caked bike for the last lap. Sorry man. Once that rain came down it completely changed that race. I was pretty pleased with how well I rode under those conditions. I was able to push myself without loosing control thus putting more distance on those behind me. Speaking of behind, Dan started kinda late do to his lack of shoes that he realized after picking up his bib#. He went all the way to bloomington and back starting some 20 minutes in arrears to the group. Nice job anyway Dan!

Next up Powder Monkey...

No comments: