Saturday, March 25, 2006

Dogwood Classic Recap

The race was awesome. Super suffer fest. I've never seen so many hills. The weather was perfect 40* at the start and 50* by the end. I did really well for myself. Stayed with the lead group the whole way until the last 10 miles. Got dropped twice and was able to fight like hell to get back on. After the third time I was cooked. Came in a few minutes after the lead group. All in all I was quite please with my performance. Clocked a top speed of 46 mph. More to come later. I'm dead!

*Here is a link to some pics of the race.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kaotosenyin/album?.dir=ef0c&.src=ph
Still waiting for results.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job man! I see on another blog that the C6er's got spanked by this race. Oooh, the early season form could be coming around. I expect a win at Oxbow.

Wiki said...

We'll see. That climb freaks me out.

Adam said...

Nicely done! Now only a couple wins and your contract obligations will be complete.

Anonymous said...

Nice work Master Wiken!

Anonymous said...

Results are out. What was your race number?

Wiki said...

#132. I can't seem to get the link to work. Let me know how I did. Check out the super sweet pics.

You ready for Oxbow? Will it be just you and I? Ty??????

Anonymous said...

Yes, the results file is a bit screwed up, but it can be deciphered. I assume you were in the Cat 4/5 race. Names are only listed up to 11th place, and I don't see your #132 in the list. There is a #135 in 17th place and a #131 in 27th place. The website states that results still need to be matched against the signup sheet. So, maybe you'll magically appear then?

Wiki said...

Yup my number was 132. I seem to have bad luck with my results getting lost. My Durand results never showed up either. However, that 17th place sounds about right judging by the pics. Oh well...

Anonymous said...

Am I ready for Oxbow? No. But, when will I ever truly be ready? It's all in the mind really.